Have a question regarding a product/service? Look for the answer here first!
- How do I register a new domain name?
Choose 'domain search' from our menu and enter the keywords you would like to run a search for. Our system will then then run a search on different combinations of those words and you can choose from the results.
- How do I move a domain to eLink?
Simply choose 'transfer domains' from our menu at which time you will have the opportunity to enter any number of domains to transfer to eLink.
- How do I control my domains based at eLink?
Please choose 'domain manager' from our menu system and login using the username and password you chose when you registered/transferred your domain(s). If you have forgotten your login information, you may choose the 'forgot password' link in order to request your password be emailed to you. You may also choose to set up a new account using the 'new account' link provided on that page as well.
- How do I find out who owns a domain?
Please click the 'Whois Tool' link to find out who currently owns any domain name, assuming they do not block the information from being published.
- What should I do if my domain question is not listed here?
Please choose the 'domain support' link and fill out the form in order to send your question straight to us!
Web Design FAQ
- How do I move my email to eLink?
Please choose the 'hosted exchange' link, then add the appropriate number of accounts to your cart and checkout! We will then contact you to insure proper assignment to your domain of choice!
- Will I get a lot of SPAM with eLink?
The short answer is NO. eLink has gone to great lengths to install the latest anti-spam software on the server level in order to protect each and every customer FREE of charge!
- How can I check my email with eLink?
You have many options to check your hosted exchange account! You may use client side software like Outlook to connect to your personalized system of email, contacts, schedules and tasks... Or you may also wish to take advantage of new mobile device technology that allows hand held devices to access your information in seconds! Or finally you may choose to use a web browser and access your information through our webmail system!
- What should I do if my email question is not listed here?
Please feel free to click the 'email support' link and send your issue directly to our dedicated professionals!
Web Hosting FAQ
- Do I need a custom web site?
A custom website allows for much greater flexibility and customization over template driven systems. One may showcase many more web services that provide value to both the viewer as well as the site administrator/owner. These features may be further tweaked so that specialized functions may be created which would never have been possible inside the template based 'box'.
- Should I get a template based web site?
If cost is a serious factor for your or your organization, you may want to consider a template based solution. Even though they are restricted in scope of function, they can allow you to 'hit the ground running' if time and money are serious issues!
- Should I consider search engines when I design my website?
Assuming you want people to visit your website other than those your explicitly invite, yes. Everyone needs visitors in order to be an online success if your website is public and there is no better way to get new viewers than to be at the top of the popular searches and search engines!
- Does it cost anything to get a website quote?
No. Website quotes are absolutely free and come free of any obligation! Just choose 'request web design quote' from the menu to get started!
- What should I do if my web site question is not listed here?
Please feel free to click 'web design support' in order to send your issue straight to one of our seasoned professionals! We can help!
IT Service FAQ
- Do I need advanced hosting?
Advanced hosting is the best all around value that we offer single site customers. This hosting package includes the hosting of your database driven website on a Windows Server and even includes a number of Hosted Exchange e-mail accounts. The email accounts included with each advanced hosting package are alone worth as much as the package that includes them.
- Is basic hosting the right choice for me?
Basic hosting is exactly that... Basic... Basic hosting packages do not include any hosted Exchange accounts - just simple Windows based hosting!
- Should I use a remote backup service?
Data in this day and age is more valuable than ever! Why risk the loss when you can have peace of mind with our low cost remote backup service!
- What is a dedicated server?
A dedicated server is when you rent a Windows server from us and are able to install whatever software you choose and control it yourself - a private server just for you! All without the cost of purchasing the server as well as the cost and hassle of buying and installing the operating system and configuring basic server services.
- Is it safe to co-locate my server with eLink?
eLink offers an extremely safe, stable platform for you to host your servers. 99.9% uptime guarantee and plenty of bandwidth assure your reliability and low costs keep your overhead down!
- What should I do if my web hosting question is not listed here?
- Please feel free to click the 'web hosting support' link and send your issue directly to our dedicated professionals!
- Do I need a technician on-site?
As long as you have a working internet connection to the computer(s) in question, our staff can make many modifications remotely. If the changes require physical interaction with the computers/routers, then we would need to send someone to the premise to make the necessary adjustments.
- Can a remote technician help me with my problem?
If you have a working internet connection to the computer that has an issue then chances are that a remote tech can help you!
- Can eLink help me design my new network?
Whether your new network spans just a single location or a network of locations, eLink can help design and implement it for you!
- Can eLink help secure my computers and network?
eLink provides network-wide security audits and then suggests innovative solutions to secure your data.
- Do IT service quotes cost anything?
No... eLink provides quotes for your IT service needs free of charge - simply click on the 'IT Service Quote' link provided in the menu.
- What should I do if my IT Service question is not listed here?
- Please feel free to click 'IT Service support' in order to send your issue straight to one of our seasoned professionals! We can help!
- How do I contact eLink?
Please contact eLink using the information and form provided in the 'contact' tabs located on the right side (high resolution) or top (low resolution) of your screen.
- How do I pay an outstanding invoice to eLink?
Please use the 'pay invoice' link located at the top of your screen.